This Registered Nurse Resume Sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures – something to that effect.
Use quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and attractive layout.
Note that this Registered Nurse Resume Sample, indeed all these samples, are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
Use these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all, they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Registered Nurse Resume Sample below.
42 St Mary’s Road, Douglas, Cork
(+1) 67 248 1464
Expertly trained Registered Nurse with over five years of professional experience assisting in both private and public patient care in healthcare facilities across Ireland. Gentle, kind, and considerate, with a passion for helping those in need. Highly skilled in all necessary medical practices, working well with others to provide the utmost care for all patients.
- Lengthy training and experience in conducting patient assessments, checking vitals, and preparing IVs
- Skilled in standard procedures and applicable medical guidelines
- Certifications in First Aid, CPR, BLS and ACLS
Cork Community Clinic: Registered Nurse (Jan 2017 – Oct 2020)
Working in the maternity ward to provide foetal care and ensure women are well cared for prior to labour. Being on hand at all times to assist doctors in medical procedures and routine operations. Adhering to healthcare guidelines and clinical protocols through regular reports and reviews.
- Conducting patient assessments to establish vitals and send fluids off for testing
- Educating patients of all ages on beneficial wellness practices and health routines
- Upskilling new nurses and interns on preferred practices and important policies
Midlands Regional Hospital: Registered Nurse (Jul 2014 – Dec 2016)
Conducting informative discussions on long-term healthcare measures for patients suffering from physical and mental health issues. Working overtime and proactively taking on extra shifts to assist doctors in the care of challenging cases.
- Offering general care to both young and elderly patients in need
- Gathering testing samples per doctor request for lab testing
- Advising patients on best post-op practices for speedy recovery and complete care
University College Cork (Jun 2011 – Jun 2014)
Graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Registered Nurse Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Thank you for visiting my resume sample page.