This Sales Assistant Resume Sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures – something to that effect.
Use quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and attractive layout.
Note that this Sales Assistant Resume Sample, indeed all these samples, are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
Use these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all, they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Sales Assistant Resume Sample below.
14 Oak Way, Liberty Village, Toronto
(+1) 65 852 2810
Passionate Sales Assistant with over five years of professional experience in a variety of esteemed retail outlets and boutique stores. Stellar customer service skills with a warm, approachable personality and a highly motivated and driven attitude. Able to assist customers in their shopping endeavours and ensure all visitors receive a positive store experience.
- Diligent and well-informed, able to answer customer queries and suggest purchases
- Strong communication and customer service skills, willing to go above and beyond
- Proficiency in math, calculating purchases, stocktaking, and managing orders
Nordstrom: Sales Assistant (Jan 2017 ¬– Oct 2020)
Running promotions, arranging stock, and attending to sales queries. Managing all store purchases and maintaining shop records.
- Ensuring a satisfactory, organised store while working as a team alongside fellow employees
- Offering innovative suggestions for store layouts and display stands, assisting arrangements
Roots Boutique: Sales Assistant (Jan 2015 – Dec 2016)
Overseeing all unique transactions, online orders, and gift purchases, ensuring each item is carefully packaged and ready for delivery. Attending to the needs of customers, answering any questions they may have and directing them toward suitable purchases.
- Assisting in the seasonal reorganising of window displays and store decorations
- Compiling engaging newsletters, informing customers of upcoming promotions and exciting new stock
- Managing telephone queries and requests, relaying important calls to store management
Centennial College (Jun 2013 – Sep 2014)
Graduated with a Diploma in Sales & Retail Management
Available on request
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Sales Assistant Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Thank you for visiting my resume sample page.