An acting resume sample is a rare breed indeed. Due to its very nature, both acting and modelling careers focus on the person, their abilities AND their outward appearance, rather than scholastic achievements. It is safe to say that a profile photograph is expected in these types of resumes – in addition to the self-portraits that you already have set out in your portfolio.
Use this acting resume sample to razzle-dazzle ’em!
Like any other resume, focus on your strengths. If you can deliver outstanding performances in a wide range of genres and/or characters, they need to see that. Be prepared to provide proof, demonstrating these strengths both in your resume and in person.
Shine baby, shine
Put your best foot forward with a professional photo shoot. They can capture you at your best, which includes your attire, makeup, grooming and hair. If you have any outstanding features that you would like to highlight, here is your chance.
With each sample page I add a quick ‘how to’ at the end which teaches you how to use these samples and make them your own. Please remember that this acting resume template and all the other samples are very basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be, and should be.
I’ve also added a plain text version.
Would you like to use the sample below
as a template? Click here to email me
with the name of the sample, and
I will send you an “editable” version
to use at home.
Use this acting resume sample as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all, it is free.
Compare the plain text version below
Unit 5, Mock House, PERTH WA 6001
M: 0406 610 784 E: email@example.com
Passionate and committed to the craft of a thespian, Victoria has studied with the highly-esteemed WAAPA. A natural talent, she ‘digs deep’ drawing on her experiences to expand her already impressive background in film, theatre and studio work. An amiable person, Victoria works closely with fellow cast members to ensure the fulfilment of each role she undertakes, becoming a pivotal part of any ensemble.
- Top Tier Productions “That’s It” playing the character of Rosie (2017).
- The Globe “Wonderland” playing Alice (2016).
- Right Turn Productions “Any Day Now” playing Alex Hilton (2014).
- Independent Film Company “It’s Me Again” playing Manager (2015).
- Yes, TV Productions “On a Roll” playing German Tourist (2018).
- All Dancing Films “Making It Work” playing Danni (2013).
- On the Road Productions “As You Do” playing Felicity (2011).
- Dominican Theatre “Going Home” playing Traveler (2010).
Physicality and Dance
Stage Acting | Dance | Tap dance | Combat | Gymnastics | Music | Guitar | Ice Skating.
Singing and Vocals
Range of singing styles | Improvisation | Rap | Impressions | Narration | Classical.
Cockney | Welsh | New York | Australian | Irish | Canadian | New Jersey | French | Californian | Scottish.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & AWARDS
- Member of Equity.
- Upcoming Talent Award 2009 (Australasia).
Edith Cowan University (WAAPA) 2009 – 2012
AQF Level 7 Bachelor’s Degree.
Hale College 2004 – 2008
English Literature (A) Music (A) Social Sciences (B) Spanish (B).
REFERENCES AND SHOWREEL
Available upon request.
Thanks for visiting my acting resume sample page. Click for more samples.
tips to help you prepare
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please visit the homepage for more info or click the following link to learn more about how to write a resume.