This attorney resume samples demonstrates a direct approach focusing on experience and outcomes where possible.
Please understand that this sample, and all these samples are very basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and should be. Leave that to the professionals. With each sample page I add a quick “how to” at the end that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
I’ve also added a plain text version.
Use these Attorney Resume Samples as the Basis for a Standout Professional Resume
Would you like to use the sample below
as a template? Click here to email me
with the name of the sample, and
I will send you an “editable” version
to use at home.
Use these attorney resume samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all, it is free.
Compare the Plain Version of Our
Attorney Resume Sample Below
M: 0148 028 170
Highly experienced in all aspects of law with more than seven years in litigation, civil and corporate investigations of all sizes. Highly motivated team leader, continually striving to create the best possible customer service experience, ensuring all deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded.
Corporate Law – Civil & Eviction Litigation – Banking & Auditing Fraud – Legal Research – Mediation
Jacobson Group, Santa Monica, LA – Feb 2017 to present
Heavy involvement throughout all litigation processes, including research, pleas, proceedings before and during trial, settlements and appeals.
- Creation of legal briefs, disposition motions, pleadings etc. from the beginning of any proceeding
- Advising clients on litigation, designing strategies for damage limitation and to resolve issues
Alex Scott, Atlantic City, NJ – Jan 2015 to Feb 2017
Carrying out legal research for outside counsel, fully prepared for every case through preparation of motions and memoranda, as well as analyzing content provided by other parties. Leading a large team in projects relating to banking and audit fraud, carrying out external audits in relevant sectors as well as internally.
- Collaborating with the litigation division to resolve complex issues within financial fraud
- Managing staff members and communicating with stakeholders
- Creating plans of action relating to strategy in upcoming cases alongside notable decision makers
Addison Group Inc., Atlantic City, NJ – Jan 2013 to Dec 2014
Attorney – Document Review
Analyzing all aspects of documents, documenting findings in complex litigation cases to log confidentiality, privilege and relevance to case.
- Continuous creation and updating of privilege log used in production
- Creation of written communication to opposing parties’ team, document production and requests.
Dancer & Robust, Cape May, NJ – Nov 2010 to Dec 2012
Successfully running a team of 29, managing attorneys and paralegals in their daily roles, ensuring smooth running of financial planning, reporting and the company’s foreclosure sector. Creation of vital documents throughout reporting and legal proceedings, offering legal advice, analyzing liability and offering assured legal compliance.
Working closely with executive members of staff to deliver corporate strategies and create suggestions for senior personnel and General Counsel.
Taxation LL.M, University of New Jersey, College of Law, NJ, 2009.
Political Science BS, University of New Jersey, NJ, 2009
Bar Admissions – The New Jersey Bar, October 2009
Tips to Help You Prepare
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!