My Chef resume sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures – something to that effect.
Use quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and attractive layout.
Note that this Chef resume sample, indeed all these samples, are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
Use these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all, they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Chef resume sample below.
12 Kings Road, Chelsea, London, SW10
M: (+44) 78 259 0148
Passionate chef skilled in a range of cuisines, with over twelve years’ experience in running kitchens and curating menus for internationally acclaimed restaurants across the UK. Management skills with experience in overseeing kitchen staff and their daily duties.
- Ranked as Top Student Chef during the term in culinary school
- Awarded the title of Young Chef to Watch following graduation
- Received the Chefs Award for most innovative menu design
- Asked to appear as a judge for the Rising Culinary Talent Awards
Basil Bistro: Chef (Jan 2015 – Sep 2020)
The ability to vet interviewees and upskill new kitchen staff. Detail and performance orientated. Budget savvy when adapting menus and catering for events.
- Conceptualising exciting new additions to the menu
- Promoting regular specials and exciting dining offerings
- Streamlining food production and improving restaurant performance
- Creating innovative ways to increase monthly revenue and lessen costs
La Tavola Ristorante: Chef (Jan 2011 – Dec 2014)
Skilled in producing food for large groups of people. Creative and experimental with new dish ideas. Improving overall restaurant procedures.
- Managing all kitchen processes and food preparation
- Catering for a range of prominent patrons
- Growing restaurant sales by marketing recently introduced dishes
House of Eats: Chef (Aug 2006 – Dec 2010)
Overseeing the seamless rollout of daily tasks and kitchen duties. Adopting budget friendly practices without comprising on the standard of meals produced.
- Training new kitchen staff and chef school interns
- Working closely with the head chef to cater for notable events and gatherings
- Experimenting with new recipes and dish presentations
Graduated Chef Academy London 2005.
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Chef Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!