This Data Analyst resume sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures – something to that effect.
Use quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and attractive layout.
Note that this Data Analyst resume sample, indeed all these samples, are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
Use these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all, they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Data Analyst resume sample below.
66 Harcourt Avenue, Hillcrest, Durban
(+27) 86 293 4174
Esteemed Data Analyst, highly capable of excelling in any data-related position within a business environment. Over eight years of industry experience working in data roles, with a commendable portfolio of achievements. Stellar performance in prior positions acting as an Operations Data Analyst and Market Research Analyst across two different companies. Awarded title of Employee of the Month for six consecutive months.
- Trained in advisory computer programmes such as Microsoft Excel
- Skilled in data management and data capturing platforms
- Experienced in forecasting trends and researching market insights
- Bilingual with the ability to speak both English and French fluently
Vantage Media Intelligence Firm
Operations Data Analyst (Jan 2014 – Oct 2020)
Working with preferred research programmes to successfully capture and assess acquired data. Adapting data results into favourable points of focus through forecasting required results.
- Curate surveys and host in-depth discussion groups
- Exceeding company expectations and complying to all criteria set in place
Point of View Solutions
Market Research Analyst (Jan 2011 – Dec 2013)
Researching and implementing new procedures to improve business processes. Compiling company statistics and mapping out suitable marketing strategies.
- Reviewing information to assess new target areas within the marketplace
- Analysing consumer practices and competitor data to achieve objectives
- Documenting all data findings into comprehensive reports for management
Durban University (Jan 2007 – Dec 2010)
Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Statistics
Online course in Data Analytics
Certificate in Computer Science
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Data Analyst Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!