This Developer Resume sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures. In other words, use quantifiable proof opting for a professional, classic, and attractive layout.
Note that all these samples, are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and should be. With each example page I add a quick “how to” at the end that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
Use these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all, they are free.
Would you like to use the sample below
as a template? Click here to email me
with the name of the sample, and
I will send you an “editable” version
to use at home.
A Developer Resume Sample for You to Expand On
A Plain Text Sample to Compare the Difference
33 Orchard Street, Brooklyn, New York, 11201
(+1) 65 291 0583
firstname.lastname@example.orgHighly creative and seasoned web developer with an eye for aesthetics and six years professional experience in the coding, design layout and maintenance of customisable websites. Practiced in a variety of web design coding languages and applications. Self-motivated and able to collaborate well with others.
· Expertise in graphic design and computer programming
· Skilled in SEO optimisation, HTML coding, and multimedia applications
· Trained in Adobe programmes including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
By Blue NYC: Web Developer Feb 2014 to present
Following company specifications to conceptualise and create a fully functioning website. Improving site performance through user-experience optimisation and eye-catching aesthetics. Utilising the correct SEO applications for the website to appear favourably in search engines.
· Optimising website functionality and ease of navigation to encourage consumer purchases
· Implement stringent firewalls and network security measures
· Apply knowledge of website builder platforms such as WordPress, Wix, and Domain.com
Hunter College New York 2013
Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
Diploma in Web Development
10 Tips to Remember
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!