With our Accounting Clerk Administrative Assistant resume sample, we opted for a professional look and tone to suit this role. The same would apply to a matching cover letter.
Note that this Accounting Clerk Administrative Assistant resume sample, and all these samples are very basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and should be. With each sample page I add a quick “how to” at the end that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
I’ve also added a plain text version.
Use the Accounting Clerk Administrative Assistant Resume Below to Get You Started
Would you like to use the sample below
as a template? Click here to email me
with the name of the sample, and
I will send you an “editable” version
to use at home.
Below is a plain version of the Accounting Clerk Administrative Assistant resume sample to compare the two.
713 Motson Road, Preston, Lancashire, LA26 9YU
M: 07268 351 117
Highly-motivated, meticulous and thorough clerical professional. An excellent work ethic with attention to detail, performing every task to the highest possible standard. Fully trained in billing, invoicing, claims and resolutions. A reputation as a team player with the ability to succeed at any task at hand.
Education and Accolades
- Cambridge University – First Class Degree with Honors in Accountancy, 2009
- Member of the Professional Billing Association, 2008
- Member of the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals, 2007
Medical Clerk – Pharmacare, Lancashire
January 2016 – present
An integral part of the billing and payments team, taking every opportunity to learn. Continued to develop expertise within all clerical areas.
* Responsible for the handling of all billing enquiries and reimbursements
* Documentation and reconciliation of all incoming and outgoing funds
* Credit control and advising clients regarding outstanding payments
* Continuous upkeep of client records on nationwide database
Account Clerk – Solutions Inc., Scotland
March 2013 – December 2015
Working as an Account Clerk for Solutions Inc., given the opportunity to design and implement billing systems to ensure consistent and efficient cash flow.
* Logging of customers’ details and problem-solving any discrepancies
* Liaising with debt collection agencies to recover owed funds
* Monitoring of cash flow and regular reporting of financial transactions
* Organization of billing process, including delivery of invoices
Billing Clerk – Trust Finance, Lancashire
August 2010 – March 2013
Tasked with keeping customer satisfaction at an all-time high while ensuring debts collected on time. Carrying out clerical duties as required.
* Updating customer information and maintaining records on a database
* Retain customers through top-level customer service and providing advice
* Providing support for customers unable to meet invoice dates, offering solutions
* Able to type 90+ words per minute
* Familiar with Microsoft Suite as well as Photoshop, InDesign and accountancy software
How to write your own:
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!